The main focus of Lella’s school is traditional Tuscan Cuisine: adapting old recipes to the demands of modern working life.
Lella has always been a passionate researcher into old texts on cookery, and her lessons combine a mixture of both ancient and family recipes, coupled with only the healthiest and most authentic local ingredients.
Clients can choose to attend any number of lessons, from just one to a whole course. For clients who wish to attend a small number of lessons we recommend that they choose from the following:
- Menù Tipico Toscano - A traditional Tuscan meal from starter to dessert.
- Le Paste Fresche- Fresh, home-made filled, plain or coloured pasta and their accompanying sauces
- Pizze e Focacce- Pizza and flat bread
- I Dolci Tipici Senesi- Traditional Sienese Desserts (Ricciarelli, Panforte, etc.)
Lella in his recipes using only fresh local products
- It is possible to attend one or more lessons
- The lessons can be private or for groups, naturally the costs are different and they are intensive lessons of 3-4 hours.
- For bigger groups there is the possibility to do “quick” lessons of about 2 hours.
- We promote lessons with wine and local Sienese products tastings in partnership with the “Insegnanti Sommeliers di Siena” (Sommelier teachers of Siena)
- We organize private lessons and dinners at vacations resorts.
- The participants receive handouts in english to facilitate the learning of the various steps and to allow them build their own personal cookbook.
- It is possible to actively participate in the preparation of recipes.
- At the end of each lesson, dinner or lunch is served with what was prepared during the lesson accompanied with excellent wine.
5-Day Private Courses
Bread and oven food
It begins with the base of Italian cuisine: bread,
yeast, flour and all the hands-on preparation of a simple product yet essential.
Starting off with preparation of traditional Northern Italian bread, pane nero,
then we continue with Central Italy, Bologna’s pane bianco, until we get to
Southern Italy’s semolina bread. To enrich our journey we’ll conclude making
pizza, tigelle, crescentine, and panzerotti.
Will be dedicated to the peasant tradition
The second most important
Italian dishes belong to peasant communities. The lesson begins with
traditional dishes and different ways of cooking: from Milan to Bologna
escalops, meatballs, stew, and roasted meats.
the queen of Italian cuisine! Tortellini, tagliatelle,
lasagna, and tortelloni. A journey to discover Italy. Preparation in broth, sauces
and different stuffings. The discovery of Italian flavors.
yogurt mousse, fior di latte, cakes and biscottis. A day
dedicated to… sweetness
Sauces and preserves
tomato sauce, plums and red peppers preserves, peaches and brandy marmalade, and more depending on the availability of ingredients. One last day to get to know an ancient Italian tradition.
EXCURSIONS, GUIDED VISIT IN THE CITY AND COUNTRYSIDE, WINE, CHEESE AND OTHER FOOD TASTINGS AND MANY MORE POSSIBILITIES(ceramics, sommelier, yoga, panting, photography, eyc.)